Warranty and Policies
Limited lifetime warranty of all new products and installations (applies to certain brands only). Used products are not covered under warranty.
Limited lifetime warranty: as long as the product or installation has been purchased/provided through Rack N Road, in the original buyer’s possession at the time of the warranty claim. It covers manufacturer defects and related manufacturer errors.
Warranty subject to store evaluation to assess if the product was damaged by user or a manufacturing defect. Customer must bring the product to a Rack N Road location to begin warranty process. If user error occurred, product is not subject to warranty.
Warranty claims will be filed with product manufacturer immediately, however processing time frame relies strictly on the manufacturer itself. Rack N Road will do its best to follow up with manufacturer to get your warrantied product in a timely manner, but claim times vary per product, manufacturer, and season.
30-day return policy, as long as the product is not completely used. 30-day return policy without wear and tear. With original receipt. If credit or debit cards were used, refunds will be returned to original card. If cash was used, refunds will be paid by check. If the item has noticeable wear-and-tear, a case-by-case basis will be applied for a reduced refund or trade-in value.
Special order items will incur a 20% restocking fee. Special order items include but are not limited to: trailer hitches, side steps, tonneau covers, floor mats, and other non-stocked or unique items that are often (but not always) tailored to an individual vehicle.
There are no returns on tire chains. If it is a warranty situation, we can provide the contact information for the manufacturer.
We will not ship used products to customers, as in-person assessment is required to ensure the product is satisfactory to the customer and compatible with their vehicle or gear.
When shipping new product to a customer, we charge shipping and handling, including standard shipping and expedited shipping.
If the customer wants to return the item, the 30-day policy is standard but the customer must pay the return shipping cost.
If a warranty issue occurs, the customer must bring the product into the store to be evaluated and cannot be returned through the mail.
Appointments & Scheduling:
Most installations require an appointment. Customers do not have to go into the store to make an appointment, as they can be made over the phone. During peak seasons, deposits are required to hold an appointment. Rack N Road will call the day before to confirm the appointment time. We usually recommend a week in advance to schedule appointments, but certain seasons are busier than others and timing varies across all locations.
Discounts & Sales:
- Price matching: Rack N Road will price match product from comparable retailers. Rack N Road will not price match individual sellers or used/discontinued gear.
- Seasonal Sales: Product is on sale during set times of the year, sales cannot be honored outside of the established dates. Rack N Road does not set these sale dates, the vendors do.
- Local Sales: Certain locations may have local promotions that other locations are not participating in. Check with your local store to find the best deal.
- Trailer Hitch Promotion: Customers receive 20% off Curt Manufacturing trailer hitches when they are installed at Rack N Road. The 20% off applies only to the hitch, it does not apply to labor costs or wiring components. Other hitch brands do not receive the 20% off, and the discount does not apply to expedited orders or special order hitches.
Products available to rent vary by store location. Usually hitch mounted bike racks and roof mounted cargo boxes are available, other products may be on-hand but we recommend confirming with your local store to see what items are available and are compatible with your vehicle.
Rack N Road rents roof racks, however the specific vehicle clips must be purchased, as they are a unique item to your vehicle and cannot be sold used.
Rentals are part of our Try Before You Buy program. If you decide to purchase the item on your return, your full rental amount goes toward your purchase of the same type of item. Example: You may rent a cargo box for a week and use the rental cost to purchase a new cargo box, but cannot use the cost to purchase a bike rack. The Try Before You Buy program is only applicable to gear available to rent; new or display product is not part of the program.
Some stores may not trade-in or purchase used gear from customers if the product has no established retail value, for example if the product is broken and non-functional. Trade-in value is at the Rack N Road employee’s discretion.
- Trade-In Process: All trade in items must be brought in to the store for an employee to evaluate. The value of the trade-in is based on condition, if all parts are included, if the product is fully functional, how current the product is, and other factors. Once the value of the trade-in has been established, that amount will be put toward your purchase.
- Buy Backs: The same as the trade-in process, except we will write a check for the value of the product.
- Buying Used Product: Most stores have fully functional used product in stock. Used product stock circulates frequently, and varies per location, and often sells out quickly. We strongly suggest coming in store to assess used product. Used product may be damaged, including chipped finishes, rust, bent pieces, or other miscellaneous signs of wear and tear. Older used product may only apply to certain racks or gear (ex: older fork bike racks may not apply to some newer bicycles), a Rack N Road employee will assist in finding used product that is compatible with customer gear, but are ultimately not responsible if used product is not compatible. Returns of incompatible used product are accepted, but refund price may be less than original purchase cost.
If you purchased your items at Rack N Road, we offer free tune-ups/check ups to make sure your product is safe and functional. Please call ahead of time to schedule a tune-up appointment.