All your bikes, all at once. The HangTight is designed for versatility, built to handle adventures of all sorts, and won’t blink at anything from kids to fat bikes to road to mountain bikes and everything in between. With fully padded cradles that support each bike by the handlebars, it serves up a shuttle-ready blend of stability and ease of use. The HangTight will get your bikes to the ride and back home safely no matter if your crew is a mix of all-mountain shredders or simply a family headed out for two-wheeled exploration.
- Transports bikes
- Securely supports most road, mountain, kids, and cruiser bikes by the handlebar
- Fully padded cradles protect your handlebars, including carbon bars
- Rotating rear wheel cup fits a wide range of wheelbases up to 50″
- Accommodates bikes up to 37.5 lbs. each
- Holds 20″-29″ tires up to 5″ wide
- Add your own bike lock to the integrated lock loop for greater bike security
- Foot-operated tilt mechanism makes it easy to access the rear of the vehicle.
- Dual cradle retention stabilizes and protects bikes from one another.
- HitchLock included
- Built-in bottle opener—cheers!
- Fits 2″ hitch receivers only
- Compatible with the Yakima BackSwing and StraightShot (HangTight 4 only)
- May require a minimum stem length of 40mm with a 10mm spacer, depending on frame and handlebar geometry (standard cradle only)
- Not compatible with aero handlebars, clip-on aero bars, or handlebars larger than 35mm in diameter
- Transport dual-crown fork bikes with the HangTight DH Cradle accessories (Sold Separately)
- Weight: 73.00 lbs.
During peak seasons, deposits are required to hold an appointment. Rack N Road will call the day before to confirm the appointment time. We usually recommend a week in advance to schedule appointments, but certain seasons are busier than others and timing varies across all locations.
The Rack N Road Difference
There isn't much we don't carry, so that there's nothing your vehicle can't. Whatever your adventure, our ever expanding product selection is made to help you answer the call.
With 30 years of car rack & trailer hitch installation experience, our outfitters "get it right the first time" whether it's an off-the-shelf or one of our tailored fits.
MASTER TECHNICIANS, AT YOUR SERVICE
30 years as outfitters means we find each customer's perfect roof rack solution, the first time. Save time and avoid costly mistakes. Discover why Rack N Road superstores are Yakima and Thule's top recommendation for authorized custom installations. We'd love to have you.